Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dear Mother Nature... Can We Bump Fall and Winter Now Too?

Hi Folks, Just thought I'd do an update to all of Y'all (yes that is proper grammar for a boy that spent 8 years growing up in Texas)that are following the blog here. The title of the blog is a little begging to the gods on behalf of my poor Tomatoes! They say that April showers bring may flowers. But April... May... Going into June now... Showers bring stunted Tomatoes and other Sun/Heat loving plants like peppers, basil, etc. Well I suppose I can pick up the peppers and basil from the store but there just is no substitution for Home Grown Tomatoes. To borrow a few lines from John Denver here "Home grown tomatoes, home grown tomatoes. What'd life be without home grown tomatoes. There's only two things that money can't buy. That's true love and home grown tomatoes." So here is keeping my fingers crossed for a lot of sun and heat through the rest of June, July, August, and God willing September! At the end of this post I have included two new Videos showing my garden boxes that are growing, and getting ready to grow some plants. Several of the bare spots that I mention in the video that I had just seeded, have sprouts already this week (I filmed at the end of last week)especially the radishes. Radishes love to grow, let me tell ya! In addition I did a beehive inspection the weekend before last and I included a couple short clips on to the end of the first Garden video. Even my bees are not liking the rainy weather, they do not have near the comb and honey production that they should have by now. (look at me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about). Anyway, Hope Y'all (there it is again) are having a good week. And until next time keep it fair to middlin!

2 comments:

  1. One of those boxes looks suspiciously like a puppy birthing box lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was handy hee hee, It raised some healthy happy puppies, huckleberries ought to be a cinch! lol

    ReplyDelete