Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In for a Penny In for a Pound

Eating whole natural fresh foods just seems to make the most sense. They are tasty, quick and easy to prepare. And they are are just good for you! In for a penny? I suppose that to invest in good food may seem like it costs a little more at times. Especially if you count buying fresh meats over pre-packaged meals. But then again the Penny's you save now will add pounds later. and I imagine in the long run eating the crap will cost us all health problems and health care costs. Anyhow, regardless of the cost I just enjoy eating basic whole foods. Yesterday we had grilled turkey breast that had been marinating for awhile. Along with grilled Zucchini cut up and tossed with fresh oregano from our garden and feta cheese. In addition we also grilled up some bread slices on the grill with some olive oil for some Bruchetta made with fresh tomatoes and garlic from the local farmers market and fresh basil from our own garden. I can't wait for our tomatoes to ripen but the locally grown ones are damn good, let me tell you. Tonight we had grilled new york strip steak, with some fresh Pollenta. I also sautéed up some baby portabella mushrooms with some fresh garlic and my baby tossed up a salad with fresh greens from the garden. That was some good eating! Uh Huh!!

Here are a Couple Videos from my Garden that I took last week.



Also a few snapshots of the garden and bees I took yesterday:

Come on Maters! Blush for me!

These are Tie Dye Maters, They will be Purty.

"I'm your Huckleberry!"... Doc Holliday

Peeking at the Bee Ladies through the fence.

Mmmmmm! Blackberries!

You say Po-tato, He says Poe-ta-toe, I say Taters and grow them in a can!

Awhile back a scientific study was conducted on synergistic planting, and found that sunflowers and huckleberries seem to do pretty damn good together. Well actually this "is" the study... who knew?

Hey wait is this a postcard for square foot gardening?

Little Peppers in a square box, little peppers all the same... Theres a Green one, and a Yellow one and a Red one and an orange one and they are all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same!

1 comment: